Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not the Same

I have come to the realization that when you are a child you take for granted just how peachy things appear to be. Who knew that after 33 some odd years of marriage and the 20yrs of my life that I had just one mom and just one dad would change? My parents got a divorce this year in Feburary. It came as no surprise after all the years of fighting and going back and forth, but still it is hard to grasp this concept of not being able to have family dinners together, not seeing my Dad as much,feeling out of the loop all the time, being displaced, not feeling like i'm home when I go over to the house I grew up in.

To top that change my mom just remarried after 5 months of being divorced.We did the whole civil wedding,walking down the isle, and being a bridesmaid. My only concern is the happiness of my parents, but I am having a hard time grasping being married for "the duration of your mortal life." How is that happiness? To me happiness is what I share with my sweet husband Greg and also the knowledge that we are a "Forever" family. All and all, these are my feelings on the subject matter, but It was a beautiful event and is good to see my mom happy.

I hate the feeling that nothing will ever be the same again. No Christmas,Easter,Fourth of July.. it will forever be different and in my opinion. Not for the better. All I can say is Divorce hurts.. not just the two that divorce, but everyone who comes in contact with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Together Forever

Together Forever

Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family