Thursday, August 7, 2014

D's half birthday (6 months old)

Holy cow!! Time is at warp speed with this little man. Derek is getting so big!! It truly feels like I blink and he's already half a year old! How can that be? H did not grow up this quick! I suppose it has a lot to do with him being the 2nd child and so we are juggling the two kids instead of a sole focus going to one kiddo! 
D looks absolutely like his mamma!! Even Grandma horsey (my mom) stated that she feels like she's looking at me "reincarnated". At least we know where he got his looks from right? 
He is truly one happy child! He rarely fusses. He is a trooper. I went on antibiotics for a major bronchial infection and sinus infection, and the antibiotics caused D to get thrush! We are still battling it and trying to get rid of it! It is not very easy to do. I'm pretty sure H has it now too from stealing the binkis and sticking them in his mouth. Enough about that though..
D is sitting up all by himself! He can roll over but it's a rare occasion that he does. He's very content sitting up or laying on bis back. He's hilarious when playing with toys! He especially likes any wrapper that crinkles. The best part is that he throws a full blown tantrum if he ever drops a wrapper or toy that he's playing with. It's adorable (probably because he's still young) 
He's quite the chunkster! He's currently on 12 month clothing! 
He was an angel baby at auntie Kar Kar and uncle Ryan's wedding this past weekend. I must say he also looked very handsome. I made his cute bow tie! (Thanks aunt Beca for the help and pattern)
He loves his daddy! And we sure love his big happy smiles!
Aren't my boys so incredibly handsome?? (I'll answer that!! Yes!!)
The boys love hanging with Daddy!
I'm also so in love with how much D loves his brother H! Those boys are going to be best buds! D lights up when he sees me, but he really lights up with H. I'm so happy they get to go through life together being buds and so close on age!
I had to pu this picture in here! He loves giving open mouth slobber kisses to me! He won't kiss Greg because he hates the scruff! Apparently my cheeks are just the right softness and I'm much obliged to get his sweet slobber kisses!
Happy 6 months my sweet sweet D! We love you more than words can express! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Together Forever

Together Forever

Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family